Sunday, July 3, 2011

Injuries and aches

Each day I run, something hurts...I will say, I had no unusual pains and generally, I have good runs. There have been a few times, now more than ever that I have not been able to run my normal schedule. This weekend is one of those times. Pretty sure I overdid it at the track meet on Wed night. Woke up Thursdsy morning with a sore hamstring or hammy. I waited until that evening to try and run but could only stomach that sharp pain for one mile. No running Friday and it started feeling better so I ran 5 miles on Saturday. Each step hurt, a dull hurt, but a hurt nonetheless. Bummer! I am not going to run today either and this depresses me greatly but I know if I don't let it heal, I will be really depressed when it is time for my half in September. According to Jeff Galloway, if you don't run for 1-5 days straight, you only lose about 1% of your conditioning. I am hoping this is true!
So, if you get injured or have those passing aches, take a rest day or 2. It is hard for me to take my own advice but I know it is true. Consistency is the key and a few days of no running will not erase all the training you have done! Maybe I will go for a swim?

No comments: