Friday, July 15, 2011

Still on the DL

I am still having some issues with my hamstring when I run so I went for a sports massage on Wednesday. It helped some I think or at least it seems like it did. Coach said to not run for 4 days but I could walk every other day a couple of miles at an easy pace. I'm still doing my core work too. Today is the 3rd day in a row that I haven't run at all. I will try an easy 3 miles on Sunday at the beach, which is my favorite place to run, so I am really looking forward to that.

I am trying to stay positive and not use food as a stress reliever. I always struggle with eating and being injured and slightly depressed (well, more than slightly I guess) about it makes the struggle even harder. Many people have been encouraging me and making me laugh...this has helped keep my mind occupied with something other than the fact I haven't run for 3 days in a row...

The following post on I love to run's FB page really spoke to me: "It is difficult to train for a marathon; but it is even more difficult to not be able to train for a marathon."

My eyes are on February 18, so I need to get healthy now to begin my training soon!
Thanks for taking time to read my blog. Your comments are always welcome!

This is a picture of my family at the Angels Among Us 5K race at Duke. A few were unable to come this year. We run in memory of my daddy, Larry Robert Johnson, who died from a brain stem tumor. The end of this month marks 17 years that he has been gone. I think of Fred and Ethel aka mama and daddy everyday...

No comments: