Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back at it...kinda

I know it's been a while since I blogged but I have been busy at work and I haven't really felt like rehashing the same injury pity party stuff over again. It's tough to be hurt and not be able to do what you want. Kinda puts me in a bad mood...but I didn't bite anyone so that is a good thing. I know you can learn through adversity and it can make you stronger. I have learned through this. I definitely learned that I don't like being hurt so that means doing as the coach says LOL!

So, last Sunday I ran 3 miles at the beach. It was the first run after my 4 day layoff and I was pretty nervous. My hammy did hurt but not like it had before so I knew the layoff was a good thing. Monday was my regular off day and when I ran on Tuesday (5 miles) I wondered if I had actually been hurt...no unusual pain, except that one in the butt (and no, I'm not referring to Will) which is technically called my piriformis-I think I spelled it correctly. Needless to say I was very happy!! Coach knowing best, kept me at low mileage this week and is planning to do the same next week. My total mileage for this past week was 23.5. After next week I hope to continue with harder training in preparation for the half marathon at Disneyland over Labor Day weekend.

Be careful out there in this heat. Not a good idea to run in the heat of the day. Early morning runs are the best outdoors. I ran at Benson Park and up Aversboro Rd. Friday and Saturday. It wasn't too bad at 7:00am.

This is a picture of the cool medal I get for completing the Disney World full marathon and the Disneyland half marathon in the same calendar year. Yeah, I'm ready to go!!

No comments: