Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Godiva Track Meet

Below is a picture of me and Sir Speedy...He's my runner hero, my coach, and my friend!

Tonight, Will and I went to UNC-Chapel Hill's track again. The Godiva Track Club's "fun" track meet has different race lengths each Wednesday evening. I decided to run the mile and 800 meters. Happy to say my time for both was faster than 2 weeks ago. Wahoo! It is fun to run with other people and to be on a track, especially in my zoom zoom spikes! Each race has different "heats" and you seed yourself with others of your ability. There are all ages from young children to pushing 70. It is fun to see the different runners. Some are pretty fast (well, I don't think anyone is as fast as Sir Speedy) and some are kinda slow.

As I sat there watching others compete and waiting for my turn I was so glad that these people have decided to make a change in their life and get out and exercise. Someone sent me a message today about reading my posts and wanting to get started with exercising. It made my day! That is the biggest reason I have this blog--to encourage you to make a change. Small steps at first and big results to come. So, if you have been thinking you want to get started, send me a message and I will be glad to help you out. You just gotta get off the couch!

So I'm hoping these speed workouts will be a big help with improving my time for the Myrtle Beach Marathon in February. I've already seen some improvement and feel myself getting stronger. I still struggle at times with the mental side of running but that is coming along as well.

Your comments are always welcome!


                  Me and Sir Speedy (Bobby Mack) at WCA's MOB 5K race

No comments: