Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yay for Speed Workout--Finally!

I am happy to say that tomorrow will be my first speed workout since the hammy issue. I am very excited about this! Part of my workout will include half marathon and 10K pacing. The Disneyland half marathon is in a few weeks so I need to work on my pacing to reach my goal time. I know what I would like to my finish time to be but not sure it is realistic since I had the hammy railroad for the last month. This race is not my ultimate goal-that is in February so, I'm not too concerned about it. Well, a little concerned I guess but I can't help it, I am a competitive, hard-headed person and like to accomplish/finish what I set as a goal.

For the last 2 weeks, my mileage has been low to make sure I was over my hammy problem. This week will be a little higher and so on. I am scheduled to run 8-11 miles on Saturday. I will shoot for 11 miles of course. Hello Timber and Aversboro Drive-I have missed you. If you want to see me-I am planning to run early, early, when the sun is coming up. Honk twice for "keep it up"

Monday was my scheduled off day and Tuesday I ran 5 miles in the gym. It was a great run--the best one in a while. I felt good...I could have gone longer. That's how it is with running-some days it is awesome and others it kicks my butt. The payoff is reaching that goal, not necessarily times in a race but other little things I set as well...could be anything really-so long as you stay motivated.

That's all for now...hope you can find time to get out and exercise this week...a little bit here and there can make a difference.

Don't forget to hydrate!!
And, visit TAF-The Athlete's Foot for all your running needs! www.theathletesfootrdu.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good article but isnt it past your bedtime?