Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dreamin' of California...

This will probably be my last post until I get back from California next week. I won't have my laptop but I can post information on my facebook page from my phone, so if you aren't my "friend" on facebook send me a request if you want to see how my race goes. With that said...I'm very, very excited for next weekend. I have been waiting for this half marathon for a while now and it will be nice to get back to sunny California for a few days as well! We are doing some other cool stuff like the Dearly Departed tour, a horse race, etc. but my mind is never far from running. How cool will it be to run around Anaheim, through the Angels ballfield and have Mickey Mouse himself cheering you on?!

I feel like I have gained back the endurance I lost from this summer's hammy issue and have had several good weeks of training so...now I am ready to run--hard. Race time is 6am, which is 9am here in NC, so keep a check on FB and I will post my finish as soon as I can.

This week will be low mileage and an extra off day but with travel time included, I'm hoping the taper madness I have experienced before will be at a minimum. I'm sure Will is hoping for the same thing! lol

The Fit-tastic group is going well at The Athlete's Foot too! I'm having a lot of fun getting to know the runners and hopefully being an encouragement to them. They are working hard and will see the fruit of their efforts come October 30. Consistency is the key!

Recap of mileage this week:
Tues: 6.53 miles
Wed: 5.32 miles
Thurs: 6 miles and core work
Fri: 4 miles
Sat: 7 miles
Sun: 3 miles and core work
Total: 31.85 miles

Have a great week! Today is the day to get off the couch and do something active...

No comments: