Friday, August 26, 2011

Ode to my #1 fan!!

I have a little over a week until my 3rd half marathon. I remember well my first half. It was March 2010 in Charlotte. It was a good race and my #1 fan was there to cheer me on.

Let me tell you about him...Will (my husband, aka rach, loves to cook--like Rachael Ray-- he runs occasionally-well...kinda rare to see this actually but the thought sounds good to him, loves history, golf, and basketball) has always been so supportive. He is willing to listen to my endless talk of running and how much I ran that day and how I felt and why it was a good run or not. He doesn't always understand what I am saying with my "runner words" but he can tell if it is good or not. He even lets me tell my stories more than one time. He doesn't hold taper weeks or recovery weeks against me...and he allows me to indulge in my shoe fetish, which I don't really think is a fetish because each pair has a different purpose. He told me one time he thought running would be a cheap sport...lol-NOT! He gives me praise even when I don't deserve it and he thinks I am the best runner ever :0)--such a good hubby. He supports my new passion of working with beginner runners and encourages me to share my story. Now it might be time to pop his big head!

Seriously, I don't tell him enough but, I am so thankful for you Will and I hope to make you proud at Disney...and Myrtle Beach. Then maybe we can take a trip to Bawhstun in 2013...:0)



All-Star 5K in Raleigh



1st half marathon in Charlotte


THE marathon shoes (Mickey has yellow shoes too you know)
...wore these at Disney World full marathon
 and will wear them at Disneyland half...then it's time for retirement


Disneyland here we come!!!
The half begins at 6am Calif time...
9am Raleigh time

No comments: