Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 1-7, 2011 recap

This has been a good week for running! I guess the fact that I was going to run regular mileage along with getting some things done at work caused my sleep patterns to be really off. Yes, I am usually awake at 4am but this week I woke up everyday between 3:00-3:40am. That was not so much fun when it got later in the day...but, I remember the days I would require many  hours of sleep and now with regular exercise I don't require as much. I surely don't want to make 3am a new habit though lol!!

Mileage:
Monday-off
Tuesday- 5mi and Core
Wednesday-6mi
Thursday-5.22mi (speed work)
Friday-6mi and Core
Saturday-11mi
Sunday-3mi and Core
Total: 36.22mi

The Disneyland Half is in 27 days. I think I will be ready and am looking for a great race. How could it not be great? It's Mickey's race!

This week begins a new venture for me...I am going to help out with a group of beginner runners at TAF. We will meet together 2x a week and they will run the Monster Dash 5K on October 30-I think I will be running this race too. I am excited to get some experience coaching runners and look forward to working with the TAF coaches.

Later! And, Drew Buffaloe--no wise cracks about my bedtime!! Don't hide behind your anonymous comments haha! I knew it was either you or Billy.

No comments: