Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 20-26 Run Recap

No matter how slow you go, you are still
lapping everybody on the couch.

This was the wall photo from "I love to run" and it is so true. I think so many don't exercise because they are not sure what to do, how to start, and afraid of failure. Remember, what I said (or go back and read my story parts 1-3) about beginning to exercise. My first entry in my training log was 10 minutes walking on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the stationary bike. You just have to get through this mental thing and as Nike says, "JUST DO IT!"

My week of training was a pretty good one-there were some mental issues I had to overcome and I'm always a little tight when I first get out of bed and then there was the issue with not enough water and the killer headache but looking back it was a pretty good one. I've been trying to average 40 miles a week for a few months now. I am currently training for a half-marathon Labor Day weekend at Disneyland. This week I ran 41 miles total. I'm happy!!

I sometimes get questions about how much I run everyday, so I thought I would list my mileage run during the week. As you will see, the mileage is different each day and there are reasons for that. I am working on my speed and just being on my feet for long periods of time. Halfs and fulls require that lol! Sometimes I will run at an easy pace and others at a faster pace. This is all designed to help me reach a certain time goal for an upcoming race. My eyes are on 3:45 on 2/18 but my next race is at Disneyland and I am excited about that too.

Anyway, part of what my coach does is to discuss my time goals and then come up with a training plan to help me meet that time. BMack does a great job with this and takes the guess work out of it for me. A good coach is the key! I just look at the week and go out and do the run/workout. Pretty simple...I am also working on strengthing my arms and getting rid of some leftover flabby areas. :) I do core work about 2-3 times a week as well.

As a funny side note because I get teased about my shoes...I wore 5 different pairs of shoes for this week's workout. Seriously...they all serve a different purpose!

So here is this past week:
Monday-rest day
Tuesday-6 miles
Wednesday-Track meet-3 miles total (you are thinking, only 3 miles but this was a hard 3 miles including the 100 meter and 400 meter)
Thursday-7 miles
Friday-7 miles
Saturday-15 miles (the last 3 miles were all mental but I won!!)
Sunday-3 miles
Total: 41 miles

No comments: