Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Step back mileage...necessary but not always fun...

I must admit that being in a "step back" mode for the past 2 months has been a little difficult. I'm really only stepping back my mileage every other week but I don't necessarily write down what mileage I will do each day like I usually do. I know how many miles I want to run each week but I'm trying to enjoy it nonetheless. It is hard to not run your regular mileage and when I try to explain this to others...they just don't understand. It still amazes me at how much I actually love running! Yeah, I know, you think I'm weird but oh well...there are worse things to be addicted to right? 

I've been having some pain down my legs when I drive and the doc said it was probably a pinched nerve. I have some anti-inflamatory medicine and I can tell a huge difference after just 2 days. It has not affected my running pace at all...just uncomfortable when I drive. Good thing I have a high tolerance for pain!

I will soon be ramping up my base mileage to 50 per week and then comes the marathon training in October! I'm looking forward to writing my own training plan this time around. Bobby coached me for a year and a half and I know I will refer to the plans he created for me too. 

It seems I do something with running almost every evening. I have my run class 2 nights a week, CRW run group on Tuesdays, XC team practice on Tuesdays and Fridays, and Godiva track meet on Wednesdays.

Fun times!!

FYI-I have developed a 4 week training program for beginners or those wanting to get back into regular exercise. I will meet with you personally to explain all the details and get you started. If you are interested, send me an email. dawnwhiterunning@gmail.com

That's all for now...Happy Running
The Olympics are soo soon!! Will and I leave August 1. We will communicate via facebook while we are gone...

No comments: